Social media is a great tool to use to reach a broad audience and get the word out about your upcoming production. Whether you use Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, advertising on any of the sites will be effective and free. Here are some tips on how to utilize these social media sites:
- Create a page. Make a page for your organization so that people can ‘like’ it. Once you create a page, you can easily market towards the people you know are interested in your organization.
- Create an event. Make it an event on Facebook and invite everyone you know. Make sure it is not set to “invite only” because you want your friends to be able to invite more people. Make sure to include all the information about your event, such as the date, time, venue, price.
- Update your status. Post a status from the organization’s page so that it will reach your audience. Make sure to use hash tags and provide a link to the event page.
- Create a hash tag. This is a great way to spread awareness of your production. If you hash tag something, make sure it is clever, short and simple. If it is catchy enough, other people will start to use it as well. Make sure to not make the hash tag seem like an after thought. You want to incorporate it smoothly into your tweet.
- Update twitter. Do not just tweet once and then never do it again. Update twitter when you have new progressions to share about the production. Be creative. You can update about things happening behind the scenes or a milestone that you have hit with ticket sales. The possibilities are endless!
- Post pictures. Create an Instagram for your organization and update it regularly. Post pictures of what is going on behind the scenes and how your production is coming along.
- Create a hash tag. It is also great to create a hash tag on Instagram as well. This will allow people to become familiar with your hash tag and maybe even use it to help promote your production. It is a fun way to reach a broader audience and see who is liking your pictures.
These are just a few tips to help promote your production on social media. Remember to be creative and to not post too much on any of these sites. You do not want to bombard your audience with information but just let them know of your upcoming production and the progress it is making.
For more social media tips, click the links below: